Real Estate Law
We cover the 360-degree spectrum of real estate law – from transactions and project development, to construction, asset management and finance.
Real Estate Transactions
Advising on real estate transactions is our core business. From residential, to retail, to logistics and hotels – we have handled the full spectrum of properties at all price-points. Our comprehensive legal services cover all aspects of a transaction, whether for a single property or an entire portfolio, whether as an asset- or share-purchase. Our goal is to ensure that even the most complex and work-intensive transactions are performed swiftly, successfully, and cost-efficiently.
Real Estate Financing
Target-oriented legal advice for real estate financing is often a key to the success of real estate transactions. We comprehensively advise borrowers in connection with real estate financing and refinancing and ensure that the legal aspects of the financing are already taken into account during the due diligence and the negotiation of the purchase.
We are well-versed in all aspects of project development matters, and regular advise local and international developers on a wide-range of projects. From the planning phase, through to acquiring the property, construction and realization of value – our expert advisors accompany clients throughout the project development process. Our services include:
- Comprehensive advice on property acquisition
- Establishment of special purpose vehicles and joint ventures
- Drafting and negotiation of agreements with general planners, project managers, architects, general contractors and subcontractors
- Advice on financial structuring of project
- Partitioning of residential buildings into condominium
- Historical landmark, construction planning, building regulatory issues
- Obtaining planning and construction permits
- Realization through sale or lease
We assist our clients in preserving and increasing the value of their real estate holdings through a variety of legal services. The initial structuring of lease agreements, especially with an eye to reducing down-side risks, is a particular focus of our practice. Throughout the lease period, we work with our clients to ensure that the asset remains on a sound legal footing. Our services include:
- Drafting and negotiating lease agreements for commercial, residential and industrial properties
- Continuous legal support throughout the lease, for instance regarding operating and associated costs, obligations of landlord and tenant, and maintenance and repair issues
- Advising on asset management, facility management, supplier and broker agreements
- Ensuring compliance with written-form requirements, and remedying defects as they arise
- Advising on refurbishment, renovation and energy efficiency upgrades