Startup & Venture Capital
We provide a broad range of services for emerging technology companies and their venture capital investors.
Corporate & Commercial
From the initial business planning, to incorporation, through to hiring of employees and contracting with commercial partners, we offer practical counsel on the full spectrum of corporate and commercial legal matters faced by emerging technology companies. We offer practical, business-oriented advice on the following:
- Selection and structuring of the optimal legal entity, including the drafting of incorporation documents and obtaining of necessary licenses
- Ongoing guidance on corporate governance, such as the holding of board meetings, execution of share transfers, and changes in directorships
- Drafting of distribution agreements, licenses, purchase agreements and other commercial contracts
- Drafting and advising on employment agreements, including non-disclosure and non-competition terms
- Drafting and negotiating of lease agreements, as well as representation in the full spectrum of real estate law matters
- Representation in litigation and out-of-court dispute settlement
We provide counsel to venture capital funds and VC-backed startups in connection with their investment and fundraising activities. Acquiring and structuring sufficient capital is a prerequisite to launching an idea, while subsequent funding rounds provide the resources to make it a success. Our financing services include:
- Advising, structuring and negotiating initial equity contributions
- Representation and advice through further rounds of financing, whether venture capital, private equity, debt or other financing models.
- Identification of and support in obtaining public subsidies for new technology businesses, in the form of financial grants, favorable loans, and in-kind support.
- Representation in acquisitions, public offerings, and strategic partnerships.
For startups, new technologies and ideas play the central role in their business model. Securing, protecting, exploiting and transacting intellectual property rights, as well as complying with the range of laws and regulations applicable to online businesses, is crucial to success. Our guidance in the field of IT/IP law covers the following matters, amongst others, typically faced by our tech clients:
- Counselling on the availability and securing rights in trade names, trademarks and internet domains, including management of IP portfolios, clearance searches, and licensing of such rights.
- Drafting and advising on terms of services for websites, apps and other digital services
- Advising on copyright rights clearance, licensing and assignments, as well as litigation, anti-piracy and digital rights enforcement
- Comprehensive advice on compliance with data protection laws and regulations, for instance regarding the obtaining, processing and sharing of personally-identifiable information